Fit to Lead
Embodying Healthy Leadership
A new presentation suitable as a half day session or one day retreat. Fit to Lead works well as a follow up to Performance Chemistry and/or FAB Quotient.
To equip participants with ‘practical techniques that are instantly effective, to help manage the impact of stress (regulate emotional wellbeing) so that participants can make better overall lifestyle choices. Put simply, less stressed leaders with greater resilience are happier, healthier and get more done with reduced risk of burnout.
Key Themes and Outcomes:
The session includes several practical exercises such as breathing and postural techniques to enhance resilience and reduce stress.
- Basic theory on the stress response, mental health, burnout, resilience and wellbeing at work.
- An introduction to embodied intelligence and how it relates to leadership (self awareness and self regulation).
- HEAD (Psychological resilience) Mindfulness and attention training techniques for brain fitness. Getting a good night’s sleep .
- HEART (Emotional resilience) Breathing techniques such as “centering” to calm the nervous system or to energise and focus. Using posture and movement to create desired feelings/emotions, or mindset.
- HARA (Metabolic resilience) Awareness and choice of habitual eating styles. Gut health and connection to brain and body wellbeing.
- Learn to live by design instead of on autopilot and create daily rituals.
- Where to from here – personal pledge exercise which gives each participant at least one immediate action that they can take before the end of the session
Added January 2019.
Performance Chemistry - Keynote
A keynote is a speech or presentation that establishes the main underlying theme of a conference or event, usually to a large audience and lasting approximately 45 minutes.
In more ways than one, we live our lives in an energy crisis. We work longer hours and juggle many more balls each day, making us stress-rich yet time-poor! This has a negative impact resulting in absenteeism, higher health care costs, presenteeism, lower engagement, reduced productivity, reduced staff morale and poor talent retention.
We all want that get up and go that we remember having, at one time in our lives. That motivation. That alertness. That aliveness. That optimism. That fun! Where did it go? How did we lose it? And more importantly how do we get it back?
Performance Chemistry provides participants with tangible practical skills to assist them to ignite sustainable behaviour shifts. Drawing on the multidisciplinary science of high performance, providing a detailed blueprint of actionable strategies to help participants take back control of their work and personal lifestyle. These shifts work together to create a healthier, more resilient and productive individuals and hence are enablers for high performing teams.
Celynn's keynote, lasting 45-90 minutes, incorporates many of the below points and, with time permitting would include 2 or 3 ACTIVATIONS - which are 5-10 minute energiser activities, perfect for improving the energy and focus during a conference.
- Understanding the science of stamina and energy renewal.
- How to manage energy, not just time, for greater effectiveness, productivity and performance.
- Self-scoring using the WellculatorTM. 10 evidence-based practical steps to help busy people implement simple strategies into daily routines to help boost energy, improve health & manage weight.
- Using ACTIVATIONS to stay supercharged physically and mentally for increased agility, clarity and creativity.
- Simple steps to create sustainable change for better recovery, satisfaction and work/life integration.
This workshop also works really well as a half day retreat.
Sample ACTIVATION Energisers:
Energiser 1: Smoothie making.
Energiser 2: Breathing for relaxation and for invigoration.
Energiser 3: Various activation exercises for your desk, car, while travelling or at home.
Energiser 4: Change your posture, change your chemistry!
Why use me, and when should you do so?
If you need to energise, interest, motivate and educate participants; Celynn’s keynote presentation or workshops will do so successfully. She presents upbeat, informative and interactive workshop that helps audiences not only fire on all cylinders but learn about living better more engaged lives. Through her activation exercises and energizer activities, Celynn assists participants to stay physically and mentally engaged at events, conferences and meetings with higher energy levels and more able to concentrate and retain information.
Organizational profitability through individual performance
Creates awareness of the strategic elements [em]powering health and wealth. Inspires and enables participants in creating sustainable behaviour shifts that enhance performance both personally as well as within the work place.
Self scoring using the Wellculator™ framework, which provides an insightful lifestyle metric and the elements needed to ignite behaviour shifts that support sustained energy. An interactive session including activities such as interactive smoothie making and tasting.
Key Learning Outcomes
- Understanding the science of stamina and energy management
- Become your own CEO - Chief Energy Officer
- Self scoring using a lifestyle metric and assessment tool called the Wellculator™
- Identify areas of risk and potential lifestyle shift
- Personalised behaviour change plans
- Wellculator™ self assessment
- Book: Fast Food For Sustained Energy
- Video material / Wellculator™ programme
- Organisational and/or personal consultation(s)