Building Resilience in High-Performing Teams
High-performing teams require high-performing individuals with more than just business and technical knowledge. To meet ambitious targets, professionals need to have developed the capacity to deal with the pressure, anxiety and stress that often comes with the job at hand. In order to succeed, professionals need to be resilient.
A resilient person is someone who is able to cope with uncertainty, hardship and adversity in the moment and effectively bounce back from setbacks. The Harvard Business Review recently stated that “More than education, more than experience, more than training, a person’s level of resilience will determine who succeeds and who fails.”
In order to reduce absenteeism, presenteeism, burnout and employee turnover, successful organisations recognise that resilience is a skill that needs to be learned and mastered. Even under demanding conditions, most high-performing individuals are able to sustain superior levels of performance and high levels of personal wellbeing, thanks to the skills they have acquired through resilience training.
Key points covered:
- Strategies to strengthen your own resilience and prevent burnout
- Knowledge on how to deal with stressors in order to meet your targets
- Skills to effectively deal with pressure in order to get results
- Understanding of healthy daily routines to keep performance high
Mindfulness for Executives
With all the pressures in today’s business, it is very difficult to find the right equilibrium. As responsibilities and demands increase, the key to success is to stay grounded and to face new challenges with clarity and resilience.
The practice of mindful leadership gives you tools to lead with confidence. It teaches you to pay attention to the present moment, recognizing your feelings and emotions and keeping them under control, especially when faced with highly stressful situations.
As a mindful leader you will achieve clarity about what is important to you and a deeper understanding of the world around you. Mindful leadership clears away the needless worries about unimportant things, nurtures passion for your work and develops the ability in you to empower the people in your organisation.
Key points covered:
- Improve your ability to make high quality judgements and decisions.
- Learn a daily practice and adopt healthy habits to achieve a mindful state of awareness.
- Emotionally detach yourself to make the right decisions with awareness and wisdom.
- Pull back from the intense pressure to reflect on what is happening and discover fresh solutions.
- Clearly understand the cycle of focused work, rest, reflection and renewal.
- Hone mental clarity and capacity for deep and sustained focus to reach optimal performance.
- Develop your capacity for inner reflection to take action wisely and create solid values.
Expand your Capacity to Focus and Concentrate
A primary task of leadership is to direct attention toward what matters. If you aspire to be a strong leader, you must learn to focus your own attention by filtering distractions and cultivate inner and outer awareness effectively.
Today’s multitasking culture has created an environment in which people are more prone to make mistakes, more likely to miss important information and cues, less likely to retain information in working memory, hampering their ability to solve problems and meet targets.
In order to effectively manage, innovate, devise and execute strategies, it is imperative for leaders to develop and enhance their capacity to focus and concentrate. There is simply no way around this.
Fortunately, science has now concluded that the brain can learn to ignore distractions and make you more focused, aware, creative, and productive. In this programme, you will learn the scientific way to train your brain to sustain attention.
Key points covered:
- Gain a full understanding of the mechanics of focus and the science of training your mind.
- Learn practical tools and tips to sharpening your focus and improve productivity.
- Develop the capacity for cognitive control to increase your ability to concentrate.
- Discover a daily practice that will greatly enhance your ability to sustain attention.
- Learn practical tips to minimise and filter sensory and emotional distractions.
- Learn concrete strategies to effectively direct attention to lead with excellence and wisdom.
Accessing Intuition and Creativity for Innovation
Intuition is a heightened sense of awareness that transcends the rational mind. It is an intelligence that is integral to the creative process. When faced with the complexity and ambiguity that characterises business today, the intuitive mind helps us to effortlessly turn problems into opportunities and, because of its win-win orientation, it will guide us to make wise and creative choices in business and in life. Intuition is an aspect of our consciousness that, if properly developed, can catapult us to greater levels of success.
Leaders that develop this form of intelligence will experience higher levels of productivity, minimize stress and will bring greater levels of creativity to what they do. Given the contextual, relational and holistic properties of this type of intelligence, intuitive leaders will be better equipped to make decisions that will benefit the team and the organisation as a whole.
As a result, leaders that expand their intuitive faculties will thrive at innovation, enhance relationships with co-workers, provide greater insights, and make significant contributions to the business.
- Understand the source and nature of the intuitive mind
- Learn the mechanics of how creativity and intuition unfolds
- Know how to identify intuitive messages
- Discover how to grow and expand your creative and intuitive faculties
- Learn how to apply your intuition and creative skills
We will focus on developing the following specific skills:
- Innovation • Creativity • Vision
- Understanding • Productivity • Insight
- Resourcefulness • Confidence
What you will take away:
The “Accessing Intuition and Creativity for Innovation” workshop will teach you how to access and expand your intuitive and creative abilities. Through practical tools and time-tested techniques, you will learn how to tap into your intuitive mind to make the most evolutionary choices for yourself and for your organisation. You will experience lucidity, greater clarity of mind and will expand your ability to envision and actualize outcomes with a superior level of confidence.
Dealing Effectively with Stress
Stress at the workplace is increasing: according to latest studies, 83% of workers feel stressed by their jobs. Likely contributed to by the volatile and often paradoxical nature of business, stress is an undeniable reality in today’s modern business environment.
It results in a serious decline in productivity, increased absenteeism, poor performance, low morale and high employee turnover. Stressed leaders find it hard to focus and concentrate, suffer from memory loss, make poor decisions and can alienate coworkers.
This session is designed to help participants stop triggering the stress response unnecessarily to allow them to make productive, wiser and healthier choices.
- Have a working understanding of the mechanics of stress and its impact on your productivity
- Recognise the physical, mental and behavioural symptoms of stress
- Learn how to manage others to minimise stress
- Discover proven techniques to tackle stress
- Key advise on nutrition & supplements that will keep stress at bay and help develop stress resilience
- Know how to effectively handle stressful situations as they happen
- Obtain practical tools for self-management
You will develop and enhance the following skills:
- Resilience • Emotional Intelligence
- Self-management • Time Management
- Problem Solving • Creative Thinking
- Energy • Confidence • Managing stress (on others)
Achieving the Ideal Performance State
Sustaining Peak Performance
Research shows that high performance under pressure does not come down to merely cognitive capacity, material rewards, the right culture or management by objectives. A successful approach to sustain performance and avoid burnout must consider the person as a whole.
The key to developing people that flourish under pressure lies in an integrated theory of performance management that addresses the body, the mind, the emotions and the spirit. Each of these four levels profoundly influences the others and failure to address any one of them compromises performance.
The Achieve your Ideal Performance State programme has been designed to provide the knowledge, guidance and support to equip participants with the tools necessary to improve their self-management skills in order to increase their resilience and their capacity to deliver results under pressure.
By learning how to increase their human capacity at all levels, participants will bring their talents and skills to full ignition, attaining the ideal performance state over time.
Grounded in the sciences of performance psychology, exercise physiology, nutrition and mindfulness, this programme will help participants to:
- Improve performance and increase productivity in all aspects of their business and personal life.
- Acquire skills required for effective energy management in order to maximise capacity and prevent burnout.
- Develop greater resilience in the face of non-stop stress and ever-changing business environments.
- Learn practices that will support enhanced performance and replace non-effective habits.
- Discover how to effectively tap into a deep reservoir of clean and natural personal energy to sustain performance.