Presenting with Power
Most presentations waffle on too long, use technology badly, bore the audience and don’t achieve their desired aims. In short, the presenter sacrifices their power in front of the audience. Take a CEO and the effect of that can be multiplied by 10.
But conversely, being able to present with power increases sales, customer loyalty and inspires staff.
David Thomas shows each participant how to be a better THEM in front of any audience by COACHING them through his unique process. This system can then be applied to every talk and presentation they give thereafter – from a Monday morning team meeting to a major conference.
IMPORTANT NOTE: This is an interactive session where every attendee will be expected to present at some point, either to all attendees or in small groups. This is essential because David’s main role is as a coach. Participants will develop material during the session that they will then be coached on by David.
There will also be video examples of best practice shown in each area and of course, David will share his own perspective as a speaker who has spoken in 23 countries over the last 20 years in every conceivable environment and to every type of audience.
Added November 2017.
Grow Your Brain, Grow Your Business
Speed Reading, Mind Mapping, Memory Skills
Part I: Speed Reading
CEOs need to be able to read effectively and quickly. Yet, almost all of them read slowly with poor comprehension, bad retention and low concentration. David Thomas will take participants through a simple process using techniques that will immediately improve their reading speed, concentration, retention and comprehension. Covering:
- Why we read the way we do with the significant problems of low concentration, speed and retention.
- Techniques to improve.
- Application to all kinds of material.
Participants improve by an average of 40% in just a few minutes of practice.
Part II: Mind Mapping
Mind Mapping is like a Swiss army knife for the mind. It helps CEOs manage that deluge of information that crosses their desks every day. And helps them sort it and use it more effectively. Covering:
- Mind Mapping technique.
- How Mind Mapping works with the neurology of the brain to control information and ideas.
- Mind Mapping for brain storming, decision making, meetings, planning, presentations and training.
When Boeing used Mind Mapping for the first time in 1993, they saved $11m in just one department alone!
Part III: Memory Skills
A strong and effective memory is an essential tool in the armoury of every CEO. Being able to speak without notes, recall names and memorise client details are just three small but powerful examples of how memory training can help the participants move towards achieving optimum performance. David Thomas will show participants how to tap into their latent and infinite memory ability. They will learn about memory and perform interactive exercises that will prove that the techniques work even before they leave the room. Covering:
- The principles of memory improvement.
- 7 Image Creation Principles.
- Techniques to memorise lists, names, numbers, foreign languages, all types of information.
Up to 80% of what is learned is forgotten inside 24 hours. I test the participants and the average improvement is 80%.
- Learn simple, easy to use techniques that will have a real impact on performance as a CEO.
- Gain an insight into something they never knew existed.
- The chance to take techniques that can also be shared with staff, family and friends.