Key Account Management
~Top ten tips for managing your top ten customers ~
“Look after your most important customers before someone else does!”
For senior executives today, key account management (KAM) has never been more relevant or important.
- More and more revenue is coming from a smaller % of customers. For many SMEs, 64% of the revenue is provided by just 4% of the customers. Often the 'Top 10' accounts.
- Often an SMEs only USP is ‘Customer Intimacy’. Building profitable partnerships is the key to success.
- Key Account Management starts at the top!
This highly participative and engaging “health check” workshop provides an overview of the essential KEY ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT strategies, systems and skills needed in today’s challenging business environment.
Ten key themes:
- Improve your profitability... by improving the customer’s profitability
- Use KAM to stand out from your competitors rather than stand up to them
- Work as an exceptional business partner not as an ordinary supplier
- Are you a cost-creator or a value-creator?
- To avoid Procurement people you need to be adding value in the boardroom
- The only safe customer is one where you are exceeding their expectations
- They don’t care how much you know as long as they know how much you care
- If you are an expert in the customer’s world you never have to sell again
- Key account management starts at the top or it does not start
- KAM is a team sport – it is not about “my customer” - it is about “our customer”
- Better relationships with key decision makers and influencers
- Happier key customers
- Improved loyalty and retention
- Early identification of “issues”
- Additional sales
- Defined roles for everyone in the account management team
- Reduction in servicing costs
- More teamwork, less “friendly fire”
- More effective key account plans
- Customer-centric culture
Added September 2018.