Improving profit through the performance and potential of your people
Time and resource is limited. We have no choice but to deal with employee issues and under performance as a priority, but this can mean investment in our good performers and those with potential quite often takes a back seat. We therefore unintentionally ignore the people we need most in our business.
This session will show you six key business benefits of using a talent map tool to manage your talent.
Three tactical business benefits
You will go away from the session being able to:
- Understand who your talent is and if they are at risk of leaving.
- Implement a way to keep an eye on this, as part of your everyday business activity, so you have real time people data.
- Check if you are developing the right people and at the right time.
Three strategic business benefits
Thought, discussion and ideas on the following, which may result in a change to the way you choose to do things:
- Do you have the right balance of talent in your business now, based on your business plan and objectives?
- How should this impact on the way you recruit and attract people into the business, now and in the future? How it can enable good, meaningful, tailored, open and honest conversations about performance and potential, without the forms, processes and tick boxing usually associated with performance reviews.
- A clear plan for where to best spend your time and financial resource on people activities to get the best return for your investment. You will learn more about what your HR/Talent agenda should be for the next 6-12 months.
- You will take away a simple, yet effective, talent map that will help you better understand and plan for managing your people talent.
- You will have an action plan capturing the things you want to take away and do.
- You will have new ideas and thoughts on how you can prioritise all those people related activities, in a way that can work for your business.