This interactive session led by an experienced Business Leader and Vistage Chair will gives participants the opportunity to reflect on their own sleep and understand why it matters to them, their loved ones & their businesses. Speaking from the standpoint of having suffered from insomnia for more than a decade and have solved his own sleep problem, Giles will guide the group to explore them, their families and teams to sleep better and change their lives as a result.
Sleep – along with hydration, Exercise & Diet – is now recognised as key to optimum performance for athletes & increasingly for CEOs & other business leaders. Hence a good quality and quantity of sleep is critical to personal & professional growth.
The key points covered:
- True or False: what do we already know about sleep.
- An exercise to sense check the group’s current sleeping habits, and where they’d like them to be.
- My own sleep/insomnia stories & what you can learn from them.
- What sleep is, Why we do it & what’s going on when we are asleep.
- The business case for sleep: why it matters personally & professionally.
- Some practical advice on how to ‘bookend your night’ and sleep better.
- An exercise to design a poster to communicate why great sleep can enable great organisations.
- A final commitment by each participant as to what they will change over the next 30 days to report back on at the next Group meeting.
The 3 core objectives:
- To prompt participants to be aware of their own sleep.
- Why sleep matters – benefits as well as risks.
- Real calls to action to make changes for them as well as for their teams.
- Having done an exercise to design a poster to communicate why great sleep can enable great organisations, they use this internally.
- The final commitment by each participant as to what they will change over the next 30 days to report back on at the next Group meeting. This can be genuinely lifechanging if they stick to it.