Knowledge in Motion
How to Leverage Your Knowledge to Scale and Differentiate Your Business
People run your business and those people run on one thing: knowledge.
Knowledge affects everything — from a prospect’s willingness to convert, to a customer’s satisfaction with your product or service, to an employee’s ability to do his or her job effectively. It’s your business’ most precious — but all too often, it is overlooked and undervalued. Knowledge takes too long to develop and only a moment to lose. It isn’t accessible, consistent, or used efficiently.
You need to protect and leverage the knowledge of your business.
During this interactive workshop, Canadian entrepreneur and knowledge management expert Grant Goodwin outlines how managing and moving knowledge to the right people at the right time is the strategy to help your business attain its goals. From increasing sales to decreasing inefficiency, making better hires to shortening training time, being found online to reducing customer service calls offline, knowledge is at the heart of everything you want to achieve.
He’ll teach you how to capture, manage, and move the knowledge of your business and how to measure the ROI of your efforts.
Audience members will learn how the effective management and transfer of knowledge can solve some of the greatest challenges they face. Grant demonstrates how “knowledge in motion” enables businesses to:
- Communicate with customers in a way that instills trust and confidence.
- Shorten the sales cycle.
- Attract top-tier applicants efficiently and retain the best staff.
- Manage organizational-wide change and promote cultural alignment.
- Recruit, train, motivate, and engage staff from their first hour on the job onward.
- Expedite and standardize employee training.
- Identify strengths and weaknesses in employees’ knowledge.
- Create efficiencies in virtually every department of the organization.
- Present a consistent brand experience at every touchpoint.
- Improve customer service and increase customer loyalty.
- Grow the business without needing the leader’s involvement in every meeting or decision.
Attendees will leave this session with a full understanding of how to manage and deploy knowledge and why they need to in order to scale and differentiate their businesses. They will also receive a “Knowledge in Motion” guidebook, a customized workbook to be used with their teams to activate their learnings, free access to online knowledge mapping software, and unlimited access to All Roads’ online eLearning system, The Knowledge Base.
Workshop attendees will also be invited to sign up for a free consultation with Grant in which he will talk the time to understand the nature of your business, its goals, and its stakeholders and begin building a customized strategic framework for knowledge management and knowledge transfer.