Emotionally Intelligent Leadership: Start with Strengths
What’s right with you?
- Most people don't know their purpose.
- Most teams have areas of dysfunction.
- Most organisational culture is undefined.
The common response to these issues is to focus on weaknesses and start fixing them. In this workshop, we focus on what's right with you as a positive, Strengths Based starting point for developing purposeful people and productive teams.
CliftonStrengths (previously StrengthsFinder) is a world-renowned, data driven tool for recognising and developing talent and Strengths in individuals and teams. As I write, 19 million people have taken the Gallup assessment as a first step towards greater productivity and engagement.
People who focus on their Strengths are:
- 6 times more engaged
- 8% more productive
- 9% more profitable
My workshop unlocks the learning behind the CliftonStrengths assessment so that each member can develop their own leadership and the teams they lead in an authentic and purposeful way. Increasing employee engagement and the development of emotional intelligence are two immediate and intentional outcomes of my workshop that make what I do essential to all forward-thinking CEOs and their teams.
The workshop runs like a facilitated group coaching session, full of personalised learning and feedback, and includes:
- Beginning to recognise their Strengths in action
- Action planning for more intentional leverage of their Strengths
- Creating a personal brand statement
- Looking at possible basements to their Strengths and working together to problem solve
- Learning about the four Strengths domains and their natural leadership style
- Understanding how Strengths fit together to create a unique combination
- Using a case study (and their own Vistage group) to see how a team fits together – the challenges and the possible issues – recognising that difference is good and should be intentionally developed
All attendees will have the opportunity to share their learning throughout, and several takeaway activities are also provided.
Objectives: To equip leaders to:
- Understand how they think, lead, influence, get things done and build relationships
- Develop each direct report in a way that is authentic to them, and the people they lead
- Build purposeful and productive teams that collaborate intentionally to harness Strengths
Outcomes: Leaders will leave with:
- Greater self-awareness and EI
- Increased knowledge of tried and tested research-based method to spot and develop talent
- Practical tools to develop their performance coaching and team relationships