Have I Got Employment News for You
This chief executive employment workshop opens with an interactive pub style quiz to explore take away lessons to be learnt from high profile stories that have recently been in the news. Other content is customised based on the current experiences of participants, and can cover:
- Changing contracts.
- Protecting your business when employees depart.
- Handling the ‘stress’ card.
- The challenges of being ‘family friendly’.
- Dealing with the nervousness about discrimination.
- How to secure gain not pain from redundancies.
These workshops provide a high level executive overview which will enable participants to spot the warning signs, assess risk, engage more confidently with their professional advisers, and above all, get their ‘first response’ right.
Many participants take Ken up on his ‘after sales promise’, of a free telephone consultation, and he is often described as ‘our go to guy’ on employment related issues’.
This workshop is one of three, and since they all contain updates on recent developments, Ken recommends a gap of between 12 and 18 months between each workshop.
You’re Fired 2…Commercialising Employment Law
‘You’re Fired 1’ was very much a ‘table d’hôte’ menu. ‘You’re Fired 2’ is more ‘a la carte’. Depending on what was covered in your first workshop, the content can include:
- Exploding the myths.
- Top tips for tribunals.
- How family friendly do you have to be.
- Avoiding the big pay-outs - discrimination.
- Departures and protecting your business.
- Constructive dismissal.
- Moving the contractual goalposts.
- The PAC revisited.
- The ‘clinic’ – a chance to learn from situations that are being, or have been, faced by members.
The same interactive style continues from ‘You’re Fired 1’, with plenty of opportunity to ask questions about issues being experienced by participants.
The after sales promise of telephone advice for a month after the presentation is offered again - for workshops of up to 20 participants. Participants from 90% of the workshops who hear ‘You’re Fired 1’ take up this offer, and the presentation is supported by an extensive workbook.
You’re Fired 1...Employment Law for Busy Executives
This workshop provides an executive overview of employment law issues which will enable participants to understand issues such as:
- The essentials of sorting performance, attendance and conduct.
- Assessing the risk, and when to use compromise agreements.
- The 3 hurdles to avoid an unfair dismissal claim.
- Getting the best from your advisers.
- The do’s and don’ts of recruiting.
- Avoiding the big payouts, and even jail!
- Do I need all this documentation?
Exploiting illustrations from the BBC series ‘The Apprentice’, the workshop explores the topics in an interactive manner which will engage delegates in a lively debate involving case studies, small group discussion and practical exercises.
The workshop is supported by a workbook containing checklists for all the topics, and for groups of up to 20, participants get free access to Ken Allison for telephone advice for one month after the workshop.