Traditional business sectors are increasingly being disrupted by start-ups, new entrants and existing firms utilising the latest innovative thinking. This is a practical and interactive session that helps business leaders to understand, anticipate and manage disruptive (including digital) innovation in their business sector to open up new opportunities for their firm.
Why CEO's and Business Leaders Benefit:
- Innovation is key to the survival of a business
- Disruptive innovation is or about to radically affect most business sectors. Understanding and managing disruptive innovation is an important capability to ensure survival of a business and also to identify new opportunities to thrive.
Key Points Covered:
- Understanding ‘Disruptive Innovation’ & why it matters
- Create your ‘disruptive’ landscape map
- Think like a disruptor
- Strategies for dealing with disruption
- To understand disruptive innovation – what it is and why it is important
- To know about digital disruption and how it may impact your business sector
- To know how to map the potential for disruption in your business sector
- To know how to map a customer journey and practise applying disruption in a business sector
- A framework for diagnosing digital disruption in their industry sector (Discussion guide for Digital Disruption) to understand how and where digital technologies may radically impact their business
- Create a disruption Landscape Map for their business sector to anticipate disruptive effects
- Create a Customer / Stakeholder Journey Mapping framework for a business and practise ‘disrupting’ that sector to understand threats and opportunities of disruptive innovation.
- Opportunity to work with an expert (practitioner and professor) in the field of innovation
Expected Call to Action
The workshop has a number of suggested actions for participants to take forward, for example:
- Run a digital disruption discussion with their management team
- Create a disruption landscape map for their business sector
- Undertake a customer journey mapping exercise for their business
Added June 2019.