The Neuroscience of Performance
Facilitated by Phil Dobson, author of the Brain Book and Founder of BrainWorkshops, this session provides a systematic approach to optimising your mental performance and working smarter every day.
Why this is important
Too often we spend our days ‘busy’, working on the wrong things. We find it hard to prioritise, notice it’s hard to maintain our focus, and even harder to switch off. As workload increases we tend to respond by working even harder, and becoming even less effective. The solution is to work smarter. This workshop offers the principles to working smarter, based on what we know about the brain.
- The 5 steps to working smarter, from your brain’s perspective
- How to establish your goals and strategic objectives
- How to apply the 80/20 principle to master your prioritisation
- How to manage your energy and remain in an optimal state throughout the day
- How to clear your mind, learn to ‘switch off’, and reduce your sense of busyness
- How to strengthen your focus and cultivate a healthy relationship with your tech
- The SENSE Model: The 5 keys to developing brain fitness and adaptability
You will learn how to become more goal-oriented and improve your prioritisation. You’ll discover how to manage your mental energy, how to work with a clear mind, and how to sustain your concentration throughout the day. You’ll discover the science to getting eight hours work done in just six hours, and the principles to creating highly productive teams. Participants will gain a brain-based toolkit of practical skills, designed for the modern workplace: a scientific approach to sustainable high performance and immediately applicable techniques that help them improve their productivity, enhance their creativity, and develop their resilience.
This session will challenge existing working practices, transform thinking, and create sustained shifts in behaviour. The participant will unlock their potential and will understand who to develop a high performance culture within their business.
Added December 2018.