Personal Reputation Building for Leaders
How CEOs, MDs and Senior Executives Can Become a Leader of Influence and Significance.
Business owners are often synonymous with the brand of the business. Your company’s corporate reputation stands and falls on the personal reputation of you as its leader. You drive the brand, set the culture and model the values. As such, your personal reputation is inseparable from that of your business. As a result, your standing and good name is vital to promote brand awareness, credibility and 'go to' status in your industry, your community and your target market. Yet…
How much attention do you give to your own personal brand and personal reputation?
Your personal reputation is the public face of you. It’s who you are, what you do and what makes you unique. It creates your leadership reputation - what your people and your peers think of you and say about you behind your back.
The good news is that you can control how others perceive you by crafting and controlling your personal reputation. There are a small number of leaders in every industry who are the ‘stand out’ key people of influence. Everybody knows them, rates them and raves about them. They are the obvious choice and trusted voice. They are often no better than anyone else. But they are perceived so. If you don’t truly know what your staff, your peers and your stakeholders think about you, this cutting edge workshop will change that.
This workshop will examine:
- Defining terms - exactly what is a reputation? What is the difference between character, personal brand and reputation?
- What exactly is YOUR reputation? What are you currently known for and what do they want to be known for?
- Making the business case for reputation building. What are the benefits of a powerful, positive reputation? What are YOUR drivers/motives? Why do you want to be more famous or recognised? What will that do for you, your leadership and your company?
- Identifying your reputational stakeholders. Who do you want to be famous with? Who are your target influencers, stakeholders and audiences.
- What makes you valuable? Why should other people talk about you, defend you and recommend you?
- Building your perfect reputation. How to profile, differentiate and position yourself for maximum influence, profile and impact.
- The role of ‘online’ in reputation building. Leveraging digital reputation management tools to ensure you ‘show up’ in the right way in all the right places.
Attendees will work through Rob's 144 Point Reputation Building Matrix to create a Personal Reputation Building Action Plan to implement after the session.