The Power of Organisational Purpose
This workshop engages Vistage CEOs/MDs in the power of a Purpose-driven approach to achieve lasting differentiation, drive stronger growth and deliver a more positive impact in the world.
It is ideal for groups with little experience of Purpose-driven approaches; but will also work well for a mixed group, where some CEOs have already started implementing a Purpose-driven approach.
- Bring to life seismic shifts in the business and societal landscape which are making Purpose, Values and Trust hot topics for leaders.
- Help members understand what’s different – and better! - about a Purpose-driven, stakeholder-conscious approach to business.
- Convince members – with evidence and examples - that a Purpose-driven approach can help them fire up their staff, engage customers and lay more robust foundations for long term profitable growth.
- Help members apply three key elements of a Purpose-driven approach to their own businesses: Problem to Solve, Purpose & Participation.
Relevance to CEOs and business leaders:
- Digital is breaking down barriers to entry across sectors, and competition is proliferating. It is ever-harder to differentiate on the basis of product features
- A Purpose-driven approach attracts and mobilises employees and customers because they’re part of something good that’s bigger than themselves. It’s a powerful long-term differentiator which SMEs can deliver on much more convincingly than big businesses
Key points covered:
- Why environmental, societal and economic pressures are making Purpose-driven business a hot topic for start-ups, SMEs and major multinationals alike.
- How this approach turns your stakeholders (employees, customers and more) into passionate advocates and participants.
- An SME case study - and many other mini-examples - to bring the Purpose-driven approach to life.
- Putting it into action on members’ businesses:
- Problem to Solve: defining the important Problem you’re solving in the world / in your sector, which makes stakeholders get excited.
- Purpose Narrative: Defining (or refining) your Purpose Narrative, so that it’s inspirational, authentic and practical – driving everyday decisions.
- Participation Accelerator: Identifying opportunities to further engage employees, customers and partners by inviting them to actively participate in your Purpose every day.
Value and takeaway tools:
In the session, members will apply tools to their own businesses, in all three areas above.
For many Vistage members, this will be entirely new and will open their eyes to the value of Purpose-driven approaches to leadership and business.
For others who have already made steps on this journey, it will be an opportunity to challenge and refine their thinking and current actions. They’ll also no doubt have experiences/stories to share with fellow members.
Session workbooks (to take away) include:
- Key slides with space for notes.
- Tools and activities.
- An in-depth diagnostic tool: How Purpose-driven is Your Business?
- A set of evidence outlining the case for Purpose-driven Business.
Real world applicability/actions they can take:
- Many businesses, big and small, have applied these approaches and seen huge success – examples will be provided!
- Whilst tools can be applied tactically, the full business benefit is achieved via a consistent company-wide Purpose programme driven by the CEO/MD over the long term
- Success is measured through increases in employee and customer satisfaction and recommendation; top line profitable growth; and positive social and environmental impacts.
Added January 2019.